The mission of WTE Solidarity and Para Taekwondo Committee is to provide effective international governance of para taekwondo as a Paralympic Sport within the European geographical region of the WT.
The objectives of the WTE Solidarity and Para Taekwondo Committee are:
- to work towards the integration of disabled children and adults in taekwondo activities and championships;
- to focus on empowering and enabling children and adults with disabilities to take up positions of responsibility in sport;
- to work with and through the Member National Associations of WTE in order to enhance the capacity to integrate people with disabilities into physical recreation;
- to promote, expand, and improve within Europe the practice of para taekwondo in light of its educational, cultural, and sports values (the “Taekwondo movement”);
- to promote fair play, youth development, and education;
- to encourage peace and cooperation though participation in sports;
- to promote or sanction international para taekwondo competitions;
- to take action in order to strengthen the unity and protect the interests of WTE Solidarity and Para Taekwondo Committee;
- WTE, WT and the Taekwondo Movement;
- to engage in other (para) activities in support of the above objectives.